Be ready for some inconveniences,Govt tells passengers travelling to various countries ahead of resumption of international flights on Saturday

 70 total views,  3 views today

BY JOAN WANJIKU,NAIROBI,31ST JULY,2020-All  passengers travelling to various countries have been asked to be psychologically prepared to encounter some inconveniences.

Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said ahead of the resumption of international travel, the government through relevant ministries has put travel protocols in place to ensure the safety of the travellers.

He said as the country still adjusts to the resumption of the flights, there is a high possibility that while observing the laid down protocols, some technicalities will be encountered.

“In view of covid-19 situations, as you know these unprecedented times, I wish to apologise in advance for any inconveniences that will be experienced as we begin this new face of our new normal,” he said.

He added, “Categorisation of which passengers will be subjected to what will depend on risk easement of the Covid-19 situation from countries of arrival and travel to”.

Kagwe said the travel guidelines will change from time to time as different countries experience changing circumstances.

So far Kenya has reported 20,636 after 723 more people tested positive of the virus.

Kagwe said the 723 were from a sample of 8, 679 tests done in the last 24hrs.

The cumulative samples tested now stand at 303,959 since the first case was reported in March.

Some 44 patients were discharged from hospitals within the same period bringing the total of recoveries to 8,165.

However, 16 more patients succumbed to the virus raising fatalities in the country to 341.

“As the situation in Spain and UK, these guidelines are not unique to Kenya and passengers should expect them to change from time to time,” Kagwe said.

He said the guidelines however have nothing to do with diplomatic rights or relationships.

“It has nothing to do with diplomatic relationships but protecting Kenyans from imported cases,” he said.

Kagwe said the first Covid-19 case was an imported one and if no guidelines are put in place, Kenyans might be exposed to another wave of imported cases.

“We are currently battling with community infections and we do not intend to start another wave of imported infection,” Kagwe said.

 

Facebook Comments