927 total views, 1 views today
BY NAMULONGO PETER,NAIROBI,1ST APRIL,2020-The ministry of health has confirmed nine more coronavirus in the country raising the total to 59.
The Ministry Tuesday said 234 samples had been tested over the past 24 hours yielding the nine new cases.
The Ministry’s Chief Administrative Secretary Dr Mercy Mwangagi said a total of 508 traced contacts had been discharged with 1,160 others still placed under monitoring awaiting further tests to validate their status.
“In the last 24 hours, 234 samples have been analyzed and nine people have tested positive bringing the total to 59 as of today, 31 March 2020,” she said.
Dr Mwangagi lauded health workers who are in the frontline battling the virus and assured of Ministry’s commitment in ensuring their safety as they carry on their duties.
“We continue to work with our health workers to protect them and to ensure that they have the right gear to be able to work as our front-line army in the fight against this disease” she said.
Kenya has since confirming the first COVID-19 case on March 13 recorded the recovery of a patient after undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hopsital’s Infectious Disease Unit.
A 66-year-old patient who had pre-existing conditions died on Thursday, March 26.
On Monday Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe called for more personal responsibility, saying the virus was now being spread locally in the country as no new cases are being imported.