1,215 total views, 1 views today
BY JOAN WANJIKU,NAIROBI,15TH DEC 2019–Nairobi County Secretary Leboo Morintat has clarified that operations at City Hall are still normal and have not been disrupted owing to tribulations facing governor Mike Sonko. Leboo has denied reports of there been a stale mate following the arrest and prosecution of Governor Mike Sonko.
He instead called on residents to keep visiting county offices and other facilities for daily services “because everything is running swiftly.”
“This is to assure the public that nothing has stalled at City Hall and we going on with our normal service delivery programs as captured in the governor’s development agenda,” Leboo said.
Governor Sonko was arrested and charged last week with corruption in a Sh357 million contract, that also roped in county officials and suppliers.
The court on Wednesday granted Sonko and the county officials charged bail and ordered to keep off office until their cases are heard and determined.
However Following their prosecution, there have been fears that operations are largely stalled at the county following the many suspensions by Sonko including for his CECs and other departmental heads.
The County Secretary claimed that the ongoing campaign against the progress made by the governor “is secretly being pushed by unscrupulous businessmen who supplied air during past regimes and would want to paint a bad picture of affairs at City Hall so that they can find their way back.”
“The order that the media and critics want restored is the order of supplying air, and impunity in the planning department,” he claimed.
The County Secretary said service delivery at City Hall is pegged on budgetary allocation and the Annual Development Plan for every year.
“For the first time in history, we are experiencing a situation where most programs captured in the Annual Development Plans are being implemented,” he said.
Leboo also dismissed reports that the over 11,000 employees operate in fear.