5,542 total views, 1 views today
BY CORRESPONDENT,BARINGO,14TH DEC 2019-Two casual workers died on Friday after consuming contaminated food in Baringo.
According to a police report, six others in critical condition are in the Intensive Care Unit of the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Preliminary reports indicate that the poisoning might have been from aflatoxin in the githeri they consumed.
“It was reported by the assistant Chief eldume sub location that about 25 casual workers were working at the farm and took a meal of githeri and few minutes later developed stomachache and begun vomiting,” the report stated.
Samples from the meal they shared have now been taken to the Government Chemist for further tests