980 total views, 1 views today
BY JOAN WAAJIKU,NAIROBI,15TH NOV 2019-Margaret Kamar the Uasin gishu county senator is among three person appointed to the Board of National Fund for Disabled of Kenya.
In a gazette notice dated November 15, Kamar is listed alongside Cecilia Mbaka and Anne Mugambi as Trustees of the Board.
The Chairperson of the Board of National Fund for Disabled of Kenya is Mrs. W. Kristina Kenyatta Pratt who was appointed to the position in January 2002.
Another notable appointment is the recent Gazette notice is Dr. Gumato U. Yatani.
She is to serve as a member of the task-force on Standards and Quality Infrastructure Reforms in Kenya under the Peter Munya-led Ministry of Trade.
President Kenya has Interestingly also appointed Dr. Yatani as the Chairperson of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) Council, for a period of three years, with effect from November 8, 2019.
Education CS George Magoha made the appointment as per Section 36 (1) (a) of the Universities Act, 2012.
In July this year, Dr. Yatani was shortlisted for a top position in the National Land Commission. She was however unsuccessful.
She has previously served as a commissioner for the National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC).
Other notable appointments in the Gazette notice are as follows:
- John Konchellah (Chairperson, National Environmental Management Authority)
- Mike Rubia (Board member, National Oil Corporation of Kenya)
- Wanjuki Muchemi (Board member, Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority).
- Zainabu Kalekye Chidzuga (Board member, Special Economic Zones Authority)
- The appointment of Mutahi Kagwe has since been revoked.