BY JOAN WANJIKU,NAIROBI,21ST ,SEPT,2018-Love is a key factor in a blissful marriage. Marriage cannot be sweet if love is absent. Many want to love but don’t know how to demonstrate it.
Wives are commanded to love their husbands.
“That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed”. Titus 2:4
The Bible emphasizes the need for men to love their wives because women find it easier to love their husbands. In many places in the scriptures; men are admonished to love their wives. “Husbands love your wives and do not be bitter against them” Colossians 3:19.Husbands love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it.
‘’So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies, he that loveth his wife loveth himself for no man ever yet hated his own flesh, but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church.
Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself, and the wife see that she reverence her husband” (Ephesians 5:25,28,29,33.)
Below are 4 special ways to love your spouse:
- Love sacrificially- Make a sacrifice, do something that is not easy for you to do.
Do something for your wife that she hates to do (e.g. cleaning the toilet, washing the clothes)
- Love socially- Treat your wife as your best friend, joke with her, take a walk with her, holding each other’s hands.
- Love Emotionally -Compliment your wife always, women can never be tired of this. Somebody said “women are like gigantic sponges, you can fill them up each day with compliments but the next moment the compliments are gone and you need to start all over again”
- Love Physically- Bring home a special gift for your wife.
- Hug your wife tightly and say I love you.
- Defend her before family and friends.
- Do the dishes tonight.
- Celebrate her birthday specially.
- Get a copy of my book Fight for That Marriage for more on this.
- Both husband and wife should become “Producers” of love, not “Consumers” Outdo each other with positive deeds, fight to satisfy each other. Let pleasant surprises fill the void of each other. Compliment each other, celebrate each other.
4 Special Ways To Love Your Spouse.
There you have it!.Do you have any story to add unto this? Email us on email@example.com