2,411 total views, 2 views today
BY JOAN WANJIKU,NEWSDESK,29TH AUG 2018-Five Tusker Mattresses retail outlets in Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret and Juja will for the first time in Kenya’s formal retail sector history open their doors at the crack of dawn as the Kshs 400million Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale gets underway from tomorrow morning.
The retail stores, which normally open their doors at 8:30am will open at 6:30am till late to allow bargain hunters a convenient shopping experience in the Kshs 400million Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale.
Speaking when he confirmed the crack of dawn opening hour, Tusker Mattresses Group CEO, Dan Githua, said the five branches hosting the mega customer reward campaign, will open their doors early enough to manage customer expectations.
The five branches are Tuskys T-mall and Tuskys Greenspan in Nairobi, Tuskys United in Kisumu, Tuskys Juja and Tuskys Eldo Centre in Eldoret. In Nairobi, Tuskys T-Mall has also secured extra parking space at Moi Educational Centre and PCEA Nairobi West to guarantee shoppers convenience.
“Non 24 hours branches in Kenya have always opened their doors at 8:30am, tomorrow, we break this tradition at all the branches hosting the Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale by opening the doors as early as 6:30am,” Githua said.
He added, “The customer reward campaign in Nairobi, Juja, Eldoret and Kisumu will act as the final leg for the ongoing Tuskys Gigantic Sale, with attractive discounts of up to 50% on a range of retails products.”
The Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale, Githua said has received a major boost from leading local and international suppliers who are providing quality electronics, furniture and related household goods for sale.
During the Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale, the firm will be presenting 400 sofa sets, 800 dining table sets, 1000 entry level and 600 premium Television sets, 100 washing machines, 1500 microwaves, 500 Refrigerators and 400 cookers at up to 50% discounts.
Suppliers providing retail products and brands such as Samsung, LG, Kabras Sugar, Menengai Soap Ohms, Luminarc, OSRAM, Moulinex, Regal, Tefal, Beko, Jikokoa, Redberry, Hotpoint, Ramtons, Kings Collection, Slumberland, Vitafoam, Dettol, Brookside, Dawaat, Mortein Doom, Rina cooking oil, Soko Ugali, Huggies, Kenchic, Harpic, Persil who have supported the Tuskys Gigantic Sale to a tune of more than Kshs 400million in the last seven weeks.
For the Tuskys Gigantic Sale Grand Finale, the participating stores, Githua said, have been prepared by creating more space and ensuring we have enough sales representatives to engage with shoppers.
In the last 4 weeks Tuskys has successfully carried in-store activations across the country, from Kisumu, Kakamega, Eldoret, Mombasa, Ngong, T-mall, and Greenspan where customers were engaged on product information and Demos.
To note about Tuskys Gigantic Sale performance highlights
- On home appliances. Top seller is the BEKO cooker FSSS53110GS. This is high quality product from Europe whose best feature is its safety. The cooker comes with a sensor & will switch itself off immediately it detects a gas leak. This is a unique feature that has seen the cooker sell more than 550 units in 6 weeks.
- On small appliances, the Ramtons microwave grill selling at 5900/= has made microwave grills affordable to any family and has registered very high sales volumes
- We continue to lead on washing machines commanding 70% of the Kenyan market with premium LG 7kg and 8kg washing machines all going off at 18% and 31% discounts respectively
- On TVs, the premium TV segment is leading with LG full smart 55″ whose price has been cut from 139k to 85k leading the pack with 500units sold so far. Its followed closely by LG 43″ smart with 350pcs in the same period.
- In terms of store performance, Tuskys United Kisumu is leading followed by T-Mall, Tuskys Imara, Tuskys Greenspan, Tuskys Midtown Nakuru and Tuskys Juja Mall