Bandari FC beats Gor Mahia 2-1 in Sports pesa league Match ending its dominance in sevens months

Bandari FC beats Gor Mahia 2-1 in Sports pesa league Match ending its dominance in sevens months

BY CORRESPONDENT,MOMBASA,7TH AUG 2018-Bandari FC on Tuesday ended Gor Mahia’s seven-month unbeaten run in the Sportpesa Premier League  they  beat them 2-1  in Mombasa.

It is almost a history  being written since Gor had gone for seven months unbeaten with 58 goals from 22 matches. However, Bandari enjoy the record of the Premier league teams having conceded 13 goals -the least number of goals conceded by a team this season.

The last time K’Ogallo lost to Bandari was in Mombasa in 2014 where the latter won 2-1. In Tuesday’s match Bandari took a 2-0 in the first half through Dan Guyo and Iema Mwama while Jacques Tusiyenge pulled one back for Gor in the second half.

It was a show of confidence and mighty for Bandari from the start . The dockers surged ahead in the 10th minute when Dan Guya headed home Joshua Oyoo’s well taken corner to leave goalkeeper Shaaban Odhoji dumbfounded. The Dyllan Kerr’s side reacted to Bandari’s lead and went on to battle pushing the dockers to play defensive.

Fellly Mulumba played a crucial role in the second goal in the 36th minute after he dribbled past Gor defence before passing the ball to Congolese Iema Mwama who shot into the net for a 2-0 lead at the breather.

On resumption, Gor beefed up their their line substituting George ‘Blackberry’ Odhiambo for Innocent Wafula as the match remained a see-saw affair.

Jacques Tuyisenge looked aggressive upfront but Bandari defence marshaled by Mulumba and Ugandan import Fred Nkata tightly marked him.

Bandari benched Mwama for Benjamin Mosha in the 60th minute. The match was put on hold for six minutes as an ambulance with medical team rushed onto the pitch to attend to Guya who sustained injury. Abdalla Hamisi replaced the injured Guya as K’Ogalo continued to pile pressure on the dockers in the dying minutes.

Tusiyenge raised Gor Mahia’s hope in the 77th minute after he scored from a feeble shot that caught keeper Shikhalo on the wrong side.

Paul Nkaka  was red carded  for a second bookable offence in the match.


Facebook Comments Box