Those who lost their life following Gikomba market Fire now hits 16 after child succumbs to injuries

 397 total views,  1 views today

BY NAMULONGO PETER,NAIROBI,29TH JUNE 2018-The number of those who have lost their lives so far following  Thursday’s fire disaster  at the Gikomba market has risen to 16 after a child succumbed to injuries at the Kenyatta National Hospital.

The hospital management said the child aged below 10 years died at 3 am on Friday.

He’s among five children that have died at the hospital as a result of the fire incident.

Three of the children are said to be from the same family.

So far, seven people are admitted at KNH’s burnt unit with severe burns.

On Thursday, 72 survivors were rushed to the hospital following the inferno at the open-air market that broke out at around 2:30 am.

Four victims were confirmed dead on arrival. One other victim died at the Mama Lucy hospital while nine were burnt to death inside a house at the market.

By Thursday morning, 27 people had been discharged.

Thirty-three others are in the recovering ward at the Kenyatta National hospital.

Facebook Comments Box