564 total views, 2 views today
BY KORIR JUMA,NAIROBI,28TH MAY 2018-Suspects arrested over the Sh9 billion National Youth Service (NYS) mega saga will spend the night in custody Monday as the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) completes investigations.
The 19 suspects among them Public Service Principal Secretary Lillian Omollo who surrendered Monday, NYS Director General Richard Ndubai and other senior officials are due in court on Tuesday where they will face charges over the mega scandal that has shocked the nation, coming hot on the heels of the previous scandal at the institution.
Others in police custody include Assistant Director General Sam Michuki and top finance and procurement officials whose houses were raided at dawn.
Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji has already approved charges against all the suspects named in the 10 files sent to him at the weekend, and is expecting more.
Omollo while appearing before public accounts committee last Friday said no cash was lost even as police said they had unearthed mystery payments to dubious suppliers.
Omollo shocked MPs when she stated that the institution had been cleared of any wrong-doing in a report submitted during the period under review.