BY NAMULONGO PETER, NAIROBI, 28TH MAY 2018-40 civil servants are among 54 people set be arraigned in court on Tuesday over the National Youth Service scandal.
According to the Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji, the ongoing revolves around the loss of Sh468 million but detectives are pursuing other suspect payments said to have cost the taxpayer Sh9 billion.
Addressing the press on Monday Haji says,he was satisfied with the evidence gathered by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations to charge the suspects so far questioned over the scandal.
The list include procurement and finance officials as well directors of 10 companies that received fictitious payments from the National Youth Service, with the DPP now appealing for others to surrender.
Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Public Service, Youth and Gender Affairs Ministry, Lilian Omolo, and NYS Director General Richard Ndubai are among officials to face charges in court after they were arrested early on Monday.