A section of sarit centre goes up in flames,no injuries reported

 1,004 total views,  1 views today

BY JOAN WANJIKU,NAIROBI,4TH MAY 2018-A section of the largest shopping mall in Nairobi the Sarit Centre has gone up in flames.Spot check  carried out by WWW.UPESINEWS.CO.KE  at the scene has established that the inferno may have been as a result of  an electric fault.

Among the businesses affected are a cyber, chemist,bata shoe shop  and a flight booking office  all which are close to the  the ground floor  where the fire started.

Confusion hit  Shoppers who had gone to buy stuff for their home use as well as parents buying school items for their children  going back to school.A huge dark smoke were seen emanating from the shopping mall before fire broke out.

Plan to evacuate them begun immediately after smoke was spotted.No injuries were reported since all those who were in the shopping mall were safely evacuated on time.

Geoffrey Njoroge who operates  a shop within the mall told us that they first thought it was just a small incident but things turned to be serious when they saw real fire as it spread to the nearby rooms of the mall.”Tuliona moshi tukadhani ni jambo kidogo la kutohofia.(we saw the smoke and we though it wasn’t something to worry about)”.he said.

t

A star Journalist at the scene said people were evacuated fast as some opted to help the elderly. The fire was contained within 30 minutes.

 

Facebook Comments Box