4,669 total views, 1 views today
BY NAMULONGO PETER,NAIROBI,4TH MARCH 2018-The Kenyatta National Hospital has said that no patient out of the two affected by the surgery blunder at the facility has died.Initially there were reports that a patient who was to be operated on passed away at the hospital after the mix up.However according the hospital’s Corporate Affairs and Communications Manager Simon Ithai none of the two patients have died.
Instead, he said in a press statement, both patients have “made remarkable improvement.”
Though regrettable, the death of the patient who made the news Sunday, Ithai said, was unrelated to the mix-up at the hospital last month.
“The late Angelos Miano whose story appeared in one of the daily Newspaper (sic) and social media refers him (sic) as one of the patients involved in the unintended surgery was not factual.”
Meanwhile Kericho Governor Paul Chepkwony added his voice to that of county Senator Aaron Cheruiyot and two Members of Parliament from the county in demanding that Health Cabinet Secretary Sicily Kariuki reinstate hospital CEO Lily Koros .The CS sent her on compulsory leave on Friday when she visited the two patients.
The two patients in question, were admitted to the General Surgery ward of Kenyatta on Feb 18 and 19 respectively, both with head injuries “but in stable condition,” Ithai stated.