BY JOHN WERU,NAIROBI,19TH FEB2018-Anguish and shock has gripped a couple in Nairobi after one of their two-week-old twins was stolen from the Kenyatta National Hospital on Sunday, February 18.
It has been a difficult journey for the baby’s father, Job Nyatiti Ouko who until learning of the unfortunate incident had been hoping all will be well especially after n having gone through much difficulties to have his wife get attended to at the Facility.
Mr Ouko, who is a resident of Kangemi, rushed his wife to the Kenyatta National Hospital, at a round 2 am on Sunday and forced to wait for more than nine hours to see a doctor at the Accidents and Emergency section .
Whenever he inquired on why she was not being attended to, he was told that the room she was to be admitted in was yet to be cleaned.
At around 11:30 am, the room was finally available for use and was was asked to wheel the wife to room 108.
It is around this moment that he decided to ask two women who were in the queue with him, to look after the children as he wheeled his wife to her room.
Two minutes later, one of the women, who was carrying Mr Ouko’s other child, Brighton, rushed toward him, panicking, and told him that the other woman had taken off with his child Prince Ouko at around 11:30.
WWW.UPESINEWS.CO.KE has since established that the father of the child reported the matter to the KNH management, who told him they will check the CCTV footage to identify the woman who stole the baby. They, however, told him that he has to wait for the CCTV footage details from England.
KNH has since released a statement accepting that the infant was missing, saying it is reviewing the CCTV footage and have given the police the same access.
“The matter has been reported to the police and our internal security at the hospital is working round the clock to reunite the mother with the child,” read the statement from KNH.