1,673 total views, 1 views today
BY CORRESPONDENT,ELGEYO MARAKWETI,29TH DEC 2017-Somber mood engulfed Kameli area in Kameli, Elgeyo-Marakwet on Friday December 29 after three members of the same familly were electrocuted.The three met their untimely death while pumping water from a river using an electric water pump.
When WWW.UPESINEWS.CO.KE reached the area the family of the three; 52 year old Raymond Kimutai,and his 27 year son Kipkorir Kiptanui who was yet to come to terms with the tragedy.They died while trying to connect a faulty power line when they were electrocuted while Micheal Kipchirchir, the third casualty, who is their relative, died while trying to rescue the two.
According to, Kameli OCPD Wilmoth Mwakio who confirmed the incident said that a short circuit occurred during the connection.
“We were informed of the tragic deaths of the three family members on Friday morning and we have established that the two of them died while trying to pump water from a stream, while the other died trying to rescue them,” said Mwakio
Mwakio has warned area residents against engaging in such illegal connections which says could lead to dire consequences . He added that the government will take stern action against persons found making such connections .