1,643 total views, 1 views today
BY JOSHUA OWINO,KISUMU,23RD DEC 2017-A family in Kisumu’s Milimani Estate has been thrown into mourning after two of their children died mysteriously after fire caught their house on Friday night .
The two children aged five and six years, were asleep in a makeshift house when the tragedy happened.
WWW.UPESINEWS.CO.KE has not been able to establish what may have led to the fire which consumed the large portion of the house. The boy’s uncle Zedekia Owino had escorted them to the tin house, some 30 metres from their parent’s main house.
The children’s uncle said the fire begun at around 9:40pm after he escorted the two both boys to sleep.
“At around 9.40pm I left the main house to sleep after escorting the boys to the makeshift house. We saw the whole house was on fine,” he said.
The children’s parents who were shocked beyond measure did not utter anything as the reality of the tragedy hit them.
Cause not clear.
Their devastated father Jonathan Oduor said the cause of the fire was unclear.
“There was no candle or kerosene lamp in the house. In fact, my brother used the torch on my phone [for light] to escort the boys to sleep,” said Mr Oduor.
The police arrived at the scene two housr latter taking a way the bodies to Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary.