2,314 total views, 1 views today
BY CORRESPONDENT,MOMBASA,26TH NOV 2017-There was panic in Mombasa on Sunday after fifteen members of the Migori County Assembly were rushed to various private hospitals in County having shown cholera related symptoms.
The MCAs who included Joseph Hoyo from Makerero Ward in Kuria West, were suffering from diarrhoea and vomiting.
Other MCAs also rushed to hospital for vaccination against cholera due to an outbreak that has so far killed four people in Mombasa.However it later turned out to be food poisoning after they were examined.According to doctors who attended to them they were all treated for food poisoning.
The doctor did not want his name to be revealed said the food they ate was not cooked well that is why they suffered from food poisoning. ”We treated quite a number of them who thought it was cholera but we confirmed it’s not,” he said.
The MCAs are reported to have eaten variety of food ranging from t meat, chicken, fish, rice and chapati at a hotel on Saturday night before they began feeling unwell.
Out of 57 members of county assembly it is only 15 who were affected with Mr Hoyo saying he had already booked a flight to Nairobi where he plans to undergo further tests.