3,045 total views, 1 views today
BY JOHN WERU,NAIROBI,24TH NOV 2017-All Kenyans and diplomats planing to attend the swearing in of president elect Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto on Tuesday next week have been assured of their security.
According to the head of public service Joseph Kinyua who is chairing the preparations committee says no one has any reason to fear for necessary security arrangements had already been put in place to ensure that all are secured.”We want to assure all kenyans and even foreigners who plan to attend the event that they have totally nothing to be afraid of ”.Kinyua said in his statement to the press at Kasarani on Friday November 24.
The head of public service also has sought to assure all Nairobi residents that traffic will flow normally even though some key roads will also be closed to facilitate smooth travel around the city of invited guests and diplomats.”Some roads will be temporarily blocked but there will be no problem for anybody planing to come and witness the event”.he added.
Kinyua has described the event as an opportunity to showcase Kenya as a world class destination for investments especially to the invited diplomats and asked Kenyans to come out in large numbers are witness the swearing in.WWW.UPESINEWS.CO.KE has established that the event will cost kshs 300 million.The head of public service saying that it was the amount was within acceptable limits.