Jubilee party now moves to supreme court to sue Odinga over no election stand

 2,940 total views,  1 views today

BY KORIR JUMA,NAIROBI,19TH OCT 2017-Jubilee Party  on Thursday  moved to the supreme court to file  contempt of court case against Nasa leader Raila Odinga and his running mate Kalonzo Musyoka  for their stance on their no elections call.

Jubilee Secretary-General Raphael Tuju said after the apex court ordered a fresh presidential election within 60 days after it annulled President Kenyatta’s August 8 win, Mr Odinga and Mr Musyoka had been in contempt.

But despite the order, Mr Tuju said, Mr Odinga had written a letter of withdrawal from the race but failed to sign the requisite form.

Further, he said, Nasa leaders and supporters had obstructed the training of election officials in Mr Odinga’s Nyanza strongholds.

The ruling party specifically cited governors Prof Anyang’ Nyong’o of Kisumu and Siaya’s Cornel Rasanga for leading disruption of IEBC polls officials training.

Tuju  has also dismissed IEBC calls for a meeting with the Head of State over the poll impasse.

He said while President Kenyatta might choose to meet Mr Chebukati, “they cannot change anything on the election.

“If it (any decision by Mr Chebukati reached between President Kenyatta and Mr Odinga) is illegal, it is null and void,” he said.

“As a referee, he (Mr Chebukati) cannot call the teams and ask them: Hey guys, when do you want us to hold the elections? What rules should we use? In other words, there is no room for dialogue,” Mr Tuju said.

He said President Uhuru Kenyatta will not meet IEBC Chairman Wafula Chebukati on any poll agreement because “it has to hold elections without consultation with anyone”.

 

Facebook Comments Box