NCWSC board suspended,employees asked to resume work Wednesday

NCWSC board suspended,employees asked to resume work Wednesday

BY EURIDICE NZIOKA,NAIROBI,23RD AUG 2017-Nairobi governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko has suspended the current board of Nairobi water and sewerage company  after employees complained of harassment by the same board.

The employees who have been on strike for the last two weeks claim that the immediate former leadership of the county sacked  the  company’s managing director

Eng Philip Gichuki and brought in new management that has been harassing them.Addressing the press after meeting with the staff on Tuesday in Nairobi governor Sonko said he will use  the next seven days  to consult on how to solve the issue.He has also urged the staff of the company to resume duty Wednesday 23rd Aug as the situation is addressed.

The governor also denied reports that the employees woe’s had been brought about by plans to privatize the company by   bringing on board  a France based company.Sonko says nothing could be far from the truth adding that the company was squarely in the hands of the county government.

 

Nairobi City Water and Former Managing Director of Nairobi water and Sewerage Company Ltd Eng. Philip Gichuki-COURTESY

 

 

Facebook Comments Box