London tower block fire: Queen Elizabeth II visits scene as Police confirm death toll has raised  to 30

London tower block fire: Queen Elizabeth II visits scene as Police confirm death toll has raised to 30

BY CNN/EURIDICE NZIOKA,16TH JUNE,2017-British police say they may never be able to identify all of those who perished in the Grenfell Tower disaster, as anger and frustration mounted in the London neighborhood stunned by the tragedy.

A criminal investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the blaze. Firefighters continued to pick their way through the burnt-out wreckage of the building Friday.
Dozens of people remain missing after fire rapidly engulfed the 24-story building in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Police said on Friday that 30 people were confirmed to have died.
Relatives and friends of the missing made increasingly desperate appeals for information, as it became increasingly clear that few are likely to have survived.
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Cambridge visited the area to meet residents and community representatives on Friday.
Prime Minister Theresa May faced criticism for failing to meet residents when she made a low-key visit ot the scene Thursday. Her government, already weakened after losing its parliamentary majority in elections last week, has been slammed for a faltering response.
May has announced a public inquiry into the disaster.
Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy said there was “a risk that sadly we may not be able to identify everybody”. Authorities say 24 people remain in hospital, 12 of whom are in critical care.
Police said on Friday that they had identified the place where the fire originated, and disclosed that it was unlikely to have been started deliberately.
Facebook Comments Box