Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho/FILE
BY UPESINEWS CORRESPONDENT,MOMBASA,13TH MARCH 2017-Mombasa governor Hassan Joho says he had good intentions for attending the relaunch of mtongwe Ferry services by president Kenyatta Monday.Addressing the press from his Office Joho says he was blocked by the general service unit police on his way to the venue of the event and he had to use Bodaboda even though police officers still barred him from getting to the venue.”My convoy was blocked by GSU officers lucky for me i was in a private car ,so the police who thought i was in my official car stopped it for them to find only find the driver” he said.
According to Joho he had good intention of going to the event first as the governor of Mombasa and secondly as the representative of the people who elected him into office.He says he the county government has also contributed in a big way to improve roads leading to the mtongwe especially at the sea show with 2km of road having been tarmacked.Joho however sought to set to set the records strong concerning the reason why the decision to block him from attending the event was taken.
He says it has more to do with what president Kenyatta and his deputy William Ruto said on Sunday at Tononoka grounds ,Joho says the allegations by the two leaders that the Mombasa county government has misappropriated the over 40 billion allocated to the county government by the national government was far from the truth.Joho says the money belongs to the people and it was not a favour done to them adding that no money had been stolen.
Joho says the president fears that if he was allowed to attend the event he will speak about the allegations.He has promised to continue fighting for the rights of Mombasa county people.