2,368 total views, 1 views today
BY UPESI NEWS LIFESTYLE,DEC 10,2016-With a lean pocket and with many financial needs which present themselves during times of festivities such as December holidays, long vacations and school holidays,Many parents and guardians finds it difficult to budget for the money at hand and get confused especially when they think of the next big financial commitment they may have in the near future such as paying school fees.
Here are a few steps to help you in planing when it comes to finances.
- Make a list: Generate a list with names of items you need starting with the most important ones you need to buy.
- Check it twice: Assign a spending limit for each item and stick to the amount you budget.
- Start early: The more time you give yourself to shop, the more bargain-conscious you can afford to be. There are great deals to be had before the shopping season officially begins.
- Double check for accuracy: Everyone makes mistakes, even the person ringing up your sale. And with long lines at the register, it’s even more likely. Check your receipt to make sure you were charged correctly.
- Save your receipts: After checking for accuracy, put your receipts somewhere you will be able to find them later. That way you can track your spending as you go, but also efficiently return items if need be.
Start a holiday savings club :
- Many families find it difficult when it comes spending during holidays because they lack a proper saving plan.You can start saving for next year today.You must have a long tern plan on how to save for the long run.John Njoroge an economist based in Nairobi says it is wise and good to have a saving plan .If you are saving for December holiday start as early as January to set aside a little a mount and before you know it you have made progress!.There you have it.